Ubuntu 17.10 Features- 10 Things You can do with Ubuntu 17.10
The Next most awaited Ubuntu version 17.10 which is scheduled to release on Oct 19, 2017. So, Here we going to tell you about some more interesting features of Ubuntu 17.10 which we are collect from various sources. But we are not pretty sure about what features we will get from this version but we can expect GNOME3.26, Kernal 4.14 etc.
Artful Aardvark will be the code name of next Ubuntu 17.10. So, here we are going to discuss about some features of Ubuntu 17.10 and some other things that we can do. Here are the some features of Ubuntu 17.10 but we are still waiting for the official release to write more on about it, But we can hope a major changes on it as it will use GNOME as the default Desktop environment.
If we compared it with Windows 10 than the Market demand of Linux is pretty huge and we hope 17.10 will be the Game Changer for this year.
Ubuntu 17.10 Features
Lets discuss about the first 10 New and very basic features of Ubuntu 17.10.
- GNOME will be default desktop (probably GNOME 3.26)
- Ubuntu GNOME won’t be a separate flavor
- Wayland display server by default
- Optional X.org server session
- Mesa 17.2 or Mesa 17.3
- Linux kernel 4.13 or kernel 4.14
- Mozilla Thunderbird might not be default email client
- Better hardware support
- New Ubuntu Server installer
As per the sources report Ubuntu 17.10 Release scheduled is public now. So, it is not possible to write about the features without the official information. So, please wait for the official release of the version.
Ubuntu 17.10 Release Schedule
- Alpha 1 for opt-in flavors — June 29th
- Alpha 2 for opt-in flavors — July 27th
- Feature Freeze, Debian Import Freeze — August 24th
- Beta 1 for opt-in flavors — August 31st
- Final Beta — September 28th
- Kernel Freeze — October 5th
- Final Freeze, Release Candidate — October 12th
- Final Release Ubuntu 17.10 — October 19th
10 Interesting Things that you can do with Ubuntu 17.10