Magento is the one of the most powerful and user friendly CMS for e-commerce site. When you started an e-commerce website with Magento from scratch then you need to care about lots of things. So, in this article we will show you how to speed up magento e-commerce site and store for better performance. This guide will help you to increase magento e-commerce site speed and performance. If you are in an unmanaged VPS hosting then i will recommend you to use Nginx with MariDB database server.
For an E-commerce website site performance matters a lot. In this below paragraph we will discuss about some tips to speed up Magento e-commerce site. If your Magento e-commerce website is running under the slow performance then this article will definitely help you to solve your problem.
How to Speed Up Magento E-commerce site
- Use Magento Latest Version: Magento community version is always free. You can download the latest Magento edition from their official website.
- Use Magento Cache: There is an inbuilt option in Magento to clear all the cache. Select all the cache types and then enable it. Admin panel > System > Cache management > Select All > Actions: Enable > Submit
- Compress the database Queries: You can use flat category and flat catalog product option to reduce the database queries size. This method will help you to optimize Magento store and database queries. System > Configuration > Catalog > Catalog > Frontend
- modify .htaccess file: Now we will edit the .htaccess file to load magento site more faster. just look in to the following .htaccess command line and uncomment it to enable those features.
<IfModule mod_deflate.c> SetOutputFilter DEFLATE AddOutputFilterByType DEFLATE text/* BrowserMatch ^Mozilla/4 gzip-only-text/html BrowserMatch ^Mozilla/4\.0 no-gzip BrowserMatch \bMSIE !no-gzip !gzip-only-text/html SetEnvIfNoCase Request_URI \.(?:gif|jpe?g|png)$ no-gzip dont-vary SetEnvIfNoCase Request_URI \.(?:exe|t?gz|zip|bz2|sit|rar)$ no-gzip dont-vary SetEnvIfNoCase Request_URI \.pdf$ no-gzip dont-vary SetEnvIfNoCase Request_URI \.(?:gif|jpe?g|png)$ no-gzip </IfModule>
- Use Magento Cache: You can use Magento page cache to increase the load speed. You can download Magento cache from Here https://www.magentocommerce.com/magento-connect/
I hope this article will help you to increase the Magento store load speed. Stay with us to know more about Magento store optimization.